The Yoga Service Council is a collaborative community that welcomes yoga and mindfulness teachers, social service providers, health professionals, educators, researchers, and all others who share our mission and vision. We are a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization formed in 2009 in collaboration with the Omega Institute.
Our mission is to maximize the effectiveness, sustainability, and impact of individuals and organizations working to make yoga and mindfulness practices equally accessible to all.
Our vision is a world where everyone has equal access to yoga and mindfulness practices that support healing, resilience, self-development, community building and positive social change.
Building a Field
Committed to strengthening the field of yoga service, the YSC works to: 1) facilitate collaboration and community building, 2) promote excellence in education and training, 3) support leadership and organizational development, and 4) advocate for social responsibility and ethical action.
- Annual Yoga Service Conference: Join us! May 3-5, 2019 at the Omega Institute
- Annual Best Practices Project: A 5-day Symposium & Book Series
- The Pledge: A universally accessible yoga movement
- Community Resource Papers: Free PDF downloads to support our community
- Yoga Service Event Calendar: Trainings, workshops & events in the U.S. & worldwide
- Yoga Service Networks: Supporting collaboration & community at the local level
- Yoga Service Webinars: Live webinars and online courses with leaders in the field
Featured Organizational Members
Our members are a diverse collection of individuals and organizations from around the world. We welcome yoga and mindfulness teachers, social service providers, health professionals, educators, researchers, and all others who share our mission and vision to join us.
Exalted Warrior Foundation
The Exalted Warrior Foundation facilitates an adaptive yoga instruction program that is designed for wounded warriors in the active military, veteran hospital facilities, and veterans within communities around the country.
Embody Love Movement
Embody Love Movement is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower girls and women to commit to kindness, celebrate inner beauty, and contribute to meaningful change in the world.
Yoga Behind Bars
Yoga Behind Bars (YBB) is the only nonprofit in Washington State bringing trauma-informed yoga and meditation to prisons, jails, and detention centers.
Photo of Jill Ippolito, founder of Uprising Yoga, at Homeboy Industries © Sarit Photography