If you are an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council and would like to post an Event, Click Here. If you would like information about becoming an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council, Click Here. Please Note: The Yoga Service Council cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information posted in Events, so please be sure to always confirm details with the host organization before registering, paying or attending any Event.
- This event has passed.
Advanced Teacher Training for Mental Health, Trauma, and Addiction
February 9@11:00 am-February 10@6:00 pm$200 – $400
with Dr. Deborah Lubetkin
When: Saturday, February 9th & Sunday, February 10th: 11:00-6:00
Location: Body Positive Works 96 East Allendale Road, Saddle River, NJ 07458
For: Yoga Teachers, Therapists, Medical Caregivers, and anyone interested in an immersive training in this subject.
Training provides 14 CEUs with 12 contact hours
In this training, we explore:
- Two Topics, One World: Why Trauma & Addiction?
- Introduction to Kula for Karma
- The Case for Yoga
- Kula for Karma Teaching Protocol
- Asana, Pranayama, Relaxation, Meditation
- The Five Koshas, Yamas, Niyamas, and Yoga Philosophy
- Transformative Themes for Yoga Classes
- Self-Care for the Yoga Teacher
- Poems, A Breathing Meditation, Mindfulness Meditation,
Body Scan Script and Yoga Nidra Script
- Articles, References & Resources and Practicum
Faculty: Dr. Deborah Lubetkin (click for bio)
Investment: $400 ($200 for Kula for Karma volunteer teachers)