If you are an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council and would like to post an Event, Click Here. If you would like information about becoming an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council, Click Here. Please Note: The Yoga Service Council cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information posted in Events, so please be sure to always confirm details with the host organization before registering, paying or attending any Event.
- This event has passed.
Reaching In, Reaching Out Online Training
October 22, 2018-December 16, 2018$350
Over the course of 8 weeks, this online training will share New Leaf Foundation’s best practices for making yoga accessible and relevant for young people in under-represented spaces. It will provide a strong foundation for carrying out yoga service work, along with opportunities to reflect on your own motivations, experiences, and challenges. With over a decade of experience offering yoga to youth in marginalized settings, we’ve built a comprehensive body of tools and activities to support resilience-building. Reaching In, Reaching Out is engaging, informative, and features brand new content!
- the importance of anti-oppression practices in yoga service
- the basics of trauma and neurophysiology
- to recognize “behavioral challenges” amongst youth from a trauma-informed and strengths-based perspective
- a trauma-informed framework for offering yoga and mindfulness, including practices to approach with caution
- considerations for reducing potential triggers in yoga settings and creating safer spaces for offering yoga-based practices
- how to build a session based on New Leaf’s class model
All proceeds go to support our mindfulness and yoga-based youth programs. Sliding scale spaces are available.