If you are an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council and would like to post an Event, Click Here. If you would like information about becoming an Organizational Member of the Yoga Service Council, Click Here. Please Note: The Yoga Service Council cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information posted in Events, so please be sure to always confirm details with the host organization before registering, paying or attending any Event.
- This event has passed.
Yoga for Recovery from Eating Disorders
April 6@10:00 am-6:30 pm$100 – $200
A Workshop at The Body Positive Works Studio: 96 East Allendale Avenue, Saddle River, NJ. 07458
Saturday, April 6, 2019: 10:00 AM-6:30 PM
While offering a solid overview of the clinical aspects of Eating Disorders and Negative Body Image, this training focuses on the practical application of yoga techniques.
- Why Yoga is Beneficial for Eating Disorders and Negative Body Image
- How to use Yoga to heal and not harm
- Connecting the eight limbs of Yoga and the Chakras to body image
- Essential concepts including: Cognitive Shifting, Body Shaming & Mindfulness
- How to incorporate Pranayama, Asana, & Meditation
- The mind-body connection
- And more
Melanie Struble, LCSW, LCADC, and owner of BIB
Jen Kraft, 200-Hour RYT and owner of BIB
Investment: $200 ($100 for Kula volunteer teachers)