Yoga Service Council & The Pledge for Universally Accessible Yoga
The Yoga Service Council has always worked to make yoga accessible to every person. In October, 2017 nearly two dozen dedicated yogis, writers, social workers, doctors, and community leaders came together to help collect and share best practices in the field of yoga for people who have experienced sexual violence.
This dedicated work has blossomed into a movement and expanded to include a Pledge that yoga studios make to ensure their yoga is as universally accessible as possible, so that everyone can practice, breathe, and find themselves.
- Symposium and gathering held at Omega
- Raw material collected
- Executive summary produced
- Initial discussions around The Pledge
- The Pledge created
- Collaborated with select yoga studios
- Webinar scheduled for March 27th
- Interviews under way with studio champions
- Community Resource Paper developed
Spring and Summer 2018
- Roll out of The Pledge Toolkit
- Kick off of Indiegogo fundraiser
- Reception fundraiser in Washington, DC at The Pledge studio
- 2nd Sexual Trauma symposium at the Omega Institute
Late Spring 2019
- Best Practices for Yoga with Survivors of Sexual Trauma, Release
Upcoming, The Pledge in every studio in the world.